Tuesday, July 03, 2007

DSTA Award Ceremony

After practising the 3 stupid songs - Stand By Me, Bring Me To Life and Shou Qian Shou, its finally the day of our performance. I took half day and was supposed to reach Orchard Hotel by 1.30pm. But cos I went home for lunch, i was late when i reached the hotel. Nothing much at first, as it was just rehearsal. Just that eventually I was made the conductor for Stand By Me.

The award ceremony was just like any ceremony. Minister Teo C H was tall of cos, and wow, the handshake that we had was esp firm. Pple were all surprised when i put on my make-up and changed into my formal outfit. Why? I look so weird meh? Haha.

The only disappointment I had that night was seeing my long-dist cousin over at the ceremony. I don't know how I should put it..well, he's supposed to be very smart, but in the end, he ended up getting the same scholarship as I did. So what does this imply? Either I'm as smart as him or he's become as stupid as me. In any case, next year's CNY i dont expect to hear anymore show-offs about her son, the Great. Neither do I wish to hear anymore newsflash about her sis's son from my auntie's bro. And i must admit that he and his gf are really a compatible pair. In their own way. Haha. By the way, this cousin of mine is my dad's auntie's son. Or rather dad's auntie's husband's son. And this would mean a diff surname altogether. So, we are not close. And any effort to shrink our distance is fruitless. And just a disclaimer, just because he's in RJ doesnt mean that he's better than me cos nobody could outperform a 6-pointer. I CHOSE NOT TO GO TO RJ, not to engage myself with the competitive rat-race with the other elites.

Then the performance. I could safely say that Bring Me To Life was ok, but the Stand By Me was really...i guess the starting note wasn't started right lah. And apparently, not everyone followed my beat as I conducted. But i think everyone has put in their best effort. Afterall, who would want to make a fool of themselves in front of hundreds of audience and many GOHs and VIPs. Shou Qian Shou was the song that won the most applause and I think the other items of cos were defintitely much better than our singing item. But we were featured on the news leh...Haha.

The food was ok, though I didnt eat much as I spent most of the time taking photos with the gang. Yeah, i even took with the minister. Haha. I felt guilty not accompanying my parents and asking them to go back 1st. But that was because I didnt want to waste their time waiting for me while i take photos with the others. I didnt want to feel pressurised as well, afterall, its MY NIGHT. Haha.

I went back at around 9pm plus with Ken. During the walk to the MRT Station, we sort of promised not to sing Stand By Me ever again. Haha.